القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice-Cream

 


No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice-Cream!

 

A deliciously creamy, sweet & salty ice cream for all you salted caramel lovers out there – best thing about it, you don’t need an ice cream machine!

                                                                                        






Ice cream

I loooove ice cream. This is obvious. However, my love for it has grown insane amounts after I travelled to Italy. Gelato was part of my diet, a staple in my diet if you will – the sugar helped me through walking across the city with the heat, and it was DELICIOUS.

I tried as many flavours you could possibly imagine, my favourite being salted caramel and mint chocolate chip – and I just knew I had to create my own recipes! There are recipes for all occasions – raspberry ripple for a summer BBQ, black forest for a Christmas gathering and Pina colada for girls night!





No churn recipes

I do have a fair few no-churn ice cream recipes – some of my most popular being my Kinder Bueno ice cream, Biscoff ice cream, Terry’s chocolate orange ice cream, and my Nutella ice cream! I love how easy and quick it is and every time I have a craving for ice cream, I have the simple ingredients to make it straight away!

I will say now, it is even more delicious then I expected it to be for a quick no-churn recipe to make at home yourself with ease! It only has 5 ingredients, and it takes minutes to make to then freeze – you don’t need an ice-cream machine, so you have no excuse to not make it!






Ice cream all year round!

After the success of my no-churn mint chocolate ice cream recently I thought that making the other of my two favourite flavours from Rome seemed an absolute must! It seriously is an amazing city, and the gelato is to die for – perfect for the climate!

I also realise its going into autumn now, the summer heat is fading, and coats are a near must when going out in the evenings these days – but ice cream is always in my house, even at Christmas!




 



Serve

I serve my ice cream either in sundae dishes, in chocolate covered cones, in plain waffle cones… or I grab the tub and a spoon and eat it all to myself. Seriously… its happened before.

This ice cream flavour goes perfectly with a chocolate dipped cone, more caramel or toffee sauce and sometimes I like to add a few fudge chunks! You can make an ice cream sundae with this or even pop it on the side of a warmed brownie with yet more caramel sauce – DELIGHTFUL!



 





 













No-Churn Salted Caramel Ice Cream

A deliciously creamy, sweet & salty ice cream for all you salted caramel lovers out there – best thing about it, you don’t need an ice cream machine!

Print Pin Rate

Category: Dessert

Type: Ice Cream

Keyword: Salted Caramel

Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes

Freezing Time: 6 hours hours

Total Time: 6 hours hours 15 minutes minutes

Servings: 14 people

Author: Jane’s Patisserie




 

Ingredients

·         600 ml double cream

·         397 g Carnations caramel (or Dulce De Leche)

·         1-2 tsp sea salt

·         200 g dark chocolate (chopped)

·         Caramel/toffee ice cream sauce

Instructions

·         In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or a large bowl with a hand-held whisk), whisk together the Carnations caramel and the double cream on a medium-high speed until smooth – this can take a couple of minutes.

·         Continue to whisk the mixture until it’s very thick and holds itself.

·         Fold through the chopped chocolate and sea salt evenly.

·         Test how salty the ice cream is by tasting it! If you find it salty enough then pour into a freezer proof container or a tin, If not, add a bit more! (See my note below).

·         Drizzle your sauce over and swirl it through the ice-cream.

·         Cover with a lid or some cling film and freeze for at least 5-6 hours, or overnight!

·         Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to serve it and store it in the fridge – as its homemade, it may be a bit hard straight out the freezer! Serve how you like and enjoy!