Mini Coronation Loaf Cakes!
Mini coronation loaf cakes that
are perfect for the coronation of King Charles. Lemon sponges, lemon frosting,
and berries on top!
These little beauties are cute, fun, and so easy to make. They
are perfect for any street party or celebration for the coronation in a few
weeks time, enjoy!Coronation
It’s the King’s coronation in a few weeks time, so it seems
appropriate to start planning the celebrations. Street party? Watching it on
TV? Having a lovely bank holiday? Well a few bakes will always be a popular
idea.
Last time I posted my coronation cake which is light, fruity and a traybake – and I adore it. However, I thought I would post a more bite size cake that would be cute for a table spread, and easier to serve! These mini lemon loaf cakes are ideal.
Mini loaf cakes
We all know and love cupcakes, and loaf cakes, but why not combine
the both?! There is something special that I adore about mini loaf cakes, and I
just want to keep on baking them over and over.
The little cases are so cute, and they are a self contained portion of cake that you can simply place onto a large flat baking tray, portion the cake mix into the cases, and bake.
I tend to use slightly more cake mix per portion compared to a cupcake, as I
find they are slightly bigger than a cupcake. I use these mini loaf
cases and they are just perfect.
I mix the cake mix like normal; beat the butter and sugar
together, add the eggs and flour and lemon extract and mix, and then split
between the cases. To be super neat, I used a piping bag, but you can obviously
spoon the mix in as well.
Buttercream
For the frosting, to fit the
lemon theme a bit more, I did a lemon buttercream frosting. I love a light
lemon buttercream, and when you make a super whipped buttercream frosting it is
glorious.
I beat the butter on it’s own for a few minutes, and then add in the icing sugar and flavouring. At this point, it might still be a little thick, so I mix in 1-2tbsp of boiling water and really beat it like crazy so it’s super light and fluffy.
Like my coronation cake though, you can use whipped cream if you prefer, but I wanted to make a slightly different recipe this time. You can of course make the frosting whatever flavour you prefer – vanilla, orange, almond, chocolate, etc.
Decoration
For the decoration, you can have some fun. I purposely used the same piping tip but decorated my mini coronation loaf cakes in different ways to give a fun look, but anything works. I find it best to put all of my frosting into a large piping bag and then decorate away.
For other decoration, I used fresh fruit such as strawberries, raspberries and
blueberries and then a little sprinkling of freeze dried raspberries as well
because they always make the best decoration.
Tips & tricks
·
These
mini coronation loaf cakes will last for 3-4 days once made at room temp.
·
They
can be made and frozen without the fruit on top for 3+ months.
·
I
used these mini loaf cases
·
I
used this piping tip
·
I
used these large piping bags
· I buy these freeze dried raspberries
Mini Coronation Loaf Cakes!
Mini coronation loaf cakes that
are perfect for the coronation of King Charles. Lemon sponges, lemon frosting,
and berries on top!
Category: Cake
Type: Cupcakes, Mini Cakes
Keyword: Coronation, Lemon
Prep Time: 20 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes minutes
Cooling & Decorating: 2
hours hours
Total Time: 2 hours hours 40
minutes minutes
Servings: 12 mini loaf cakes
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Mini loaf cakes
·
225
g unsalted butter (or baking spread)
·
225
g caster sugar
·
4
medium eggs
·
225
g self raising flour
·
1
tsp lemon extract (or zest of 1-2 lemons)
Decoration
·
200
g unsalted butter (room temp)
·
400
g icing sugar
·
1
tsp lemon extract
·
fresh
berries
·
freeze
dried raspberries
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
Mini loaf cakes
·
Preheat
the oven to 180ºc/160ºfan and prep 12 mini loaf cake cases
·
Add
the butter and sugar to a bowl and cream together
·
Add
the eggs, flour, and lemon extract and mix until smooth
·
Split
between the 12 cases evenly
·
Bake
in the oven for 20-22 minutes, until golden, and then leave to cool fully.
Decoration
·
Beat
the room temperature butter on it’s own for a few minutes
·
Add
the icing sugar and lemon extract and continue to mix
·
If
it is super thick, add 1tbsp of boiling water, beating really well, until you
reach your desired consistency. I usually add two.
·
Add
to a piping bag with your favourite piping tip and decorate the top of the
cooled loaf cakes
·
Decorate
with fresh fruit and freeze dried raspberries, or whatever you fancy, and
enjoy.
Notes
·
These
mini coronation loaf cakes will last for 3-4 days once made at room temp.
·
They
can be made and frozen without the fruit on top for 3+ months.
·
I
used these mini loaf cases
·
I
used this piping tip
·
I
used these large piping bags
·
I
buy these freeze dried raspberries
ENJOY!







