Tear & Share Christmas Tree
Cupcakes!
Chocolate & vanilla tear & share cupcakes in the shape of a
Christmas tree… Christmas tree cupcakes!
Tear and share cupcakes!
Yummy chocolate cupcakes, with vanilla
& chocolate buttercream frosting, with gorgeous Christmas sprinkles, and a
white chocolate tinsel! Honestly, these sound so fancy, but looking at the
images, they are basically just a giant cupcake Christmas tree!
This is one of those recipes that you’re
either going to utterly adore making, or you are going to hate me. Either way,
it looks fabulous and that’s what you should stick with. It’s a bit of a weird
one if you aren’t so used to making the tear & share style cupcakes, or
‘pull-away’ as they’re sometimes known. I definitely think there are so many
designs out there that you can try once you get the hang of it all, but get one
down and you’ll be ready.
I obviously went for a Christmas tree as
it’s well and truly the festive season now, and who doesn’t love a festively
themed bake?! Honestly, I don’t think I know anyone who doesn’t. Well, only
people who don’t like Christmas and they’re all basically the Grinch. (By the
way, saw the new Grinch film and loved it, so nothing against the Grinch!).
Food colouring
The best food
colouring that I can recommend for something like is Sugarflair holly green or Progel leaf green! I’ve had messages from people in
the past who have tried other colourings such as supermarket own, and have
complained that the mixture has split, or it tastes funny, or the colour just
isn’t what they wanted, and that’s because the colouring isn’t good. I will
always stand by colourings such as Sugarflair Holly Green or Progel Leaf Green!
I realise its a bit of effort to buy
colourings online, or in the stores such as Hobbycraft but they are so worth
it. Also, they don’t end up that much more expensive at all. You use such a
small amount in comparison to an entire bottle sometimes of the cheap stuff,
but it lasts SO much longer after your investment. So yeah, seriously recommend
the investment.
Cupcakes
Anyway, back to Christmas trees… there
are so many ways you can do something like this. I went for a standard 12
cupcake recipe so that it’s much more straightforward, and you all know how to
crack a cupcake already. It’s more just the decoration bit. The only way to
make the cupcakes to stick together is to slather the buttercream all over, and
essentially glue them that way. It’s a bit awkward as you have to mush the
buttercream down, but if you pipe it on as I have done, it’s easy!
Piping
I used
a medium leaf piping tip to do the tree part,
and just snaked it down (if that makes sense) in long rows of buttercream to
get the tree styling. You can just use any piping tip you want, but I really
like the leaf piping tip. It’s a handy piping tip to
have around Christmas time as I use it quite often. For example, I used it for
the holly leaf on my Christmas yule log!
Flavours and baking cups
The
flavouring for these cupcakes I decided to keep quite simple, as it is more
about decoration, but you can easily add in so many other flavours. Honestly,
the choices are pretty much endless, but chocolate for the actual trunk part of
the tree is the easiest. I used the gorgeous Christmas cupcake cases from Iced Jems for
the cases, to stick with the festive theme, and they are just so festively
perfect!
Tear and
Share Christmas Tree Cupcakes!
Chocolate & vanilla tear & share
cupcakes in the shape of a Christmas tree… Christmas tree cupcakes!
Print
Pin Rate
Category: Cake
Type: Cupcakes
Keyword: Christmas
Prep Time: 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes minutes
Servings: 12 Cupcakes
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Cupcakes
·
150 g
unsalted butter
·
150 g light
brown sugar
·
125 g
self-raising flour
·
25 g cocoa
powder
·
3 medium eggs
Buttercream
·
200 g
unsalted butter (not stork)
·
400 g icing
sugar
·
1 tsp vanilla
·
1 tsp cocoa
powder
·
Green food
colouring
Decorations
·
Sprinkles
·
50 g white
chocolate
·
Yellow food
colouring
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
For the Cupcakes
·
Preheat your
oven to 180C/160C Fan, and get your cupcake cases ready on a tray.
·
Beat together
your butter and sugar, and beat until light and fluffy.
·
Add in the
flour, cocoa powder and eggs and beat until smooth.
·
Split evenly
between your 12 cupcake cases, and bake in the oven between 17-20 minutes.
·
Once baked,
leave to cool fully.
For the Buttercream
·
Make sure
your butter is at room temperature and beat it on its own for a couple of
minutes to loosen it up.
·
Add in the
icing sugar and vanilla and beat again until combined.
·
Take out
about 100g worth of buttercream, and move to a separate bowl. Add in the cocoa
powder, and beat into the 100g of buttercream.
·
With the rest
of the buttercream, beat in some good quality green food colouring until you
reach your desired green.
For the Decoration.
·
Line your
cupcakes up onto whatever plate/tray you want to serve them on. I do one, two,
three, and then four cupcakes for the tree part, with two at the bottom for the
trunk.
·
Slather/pipe
on some of the green buttercream over the tree cupcakes. I usually use an
angled spatula to get it on or pipe it on.
·
Slater/pipe
the chocolate buttercream on the trunk part.
·
Melt your
white chocolate and add some food colouring for tinsel/lights and drizzle on in
lines
·
Decorate with
sprinkles or anything you fancy to make it represent a Christmas tree!
Notes
·
I used these GORGEOUS cupcake cases from Iced Jems!
·
I also
used these beautiful sprinkles from Iced Jems!
·
You can make
smaller cupcakes to have a bigger tree, but be careful about transportation as
once you connect them with the buttercream they’re hard to move without ruining
it!
·
You can make
the cupcakes vanilla by using 150g of self-raising flour, and no cocoa powder.
·
These
cupcakes will last for 3 days at room temperature!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes
Page!
You can find
me on:
Instagram
Facebook










