Raspberry Lemonade!
Homemade raspberry
lemonade with fresh raspberries, lemon slices and ice! Perfect refreshing
summer drink!
Raspberry
lemonade
I thought it was high time that I posted something
that I utterly adore making, even if its something you aren’t necessarily
expecting me to post. Shock and horror, another drinks recipe. I posted my
first cold drinks recipe for a while last week, my summer berry smoothie, and
it wasn’t the most popular post I have ever posted, but I expected that. People
want cake. However, I couldn’t resist this one.
Whenever I go out, I usually have something like
orange juice, or a mocktail when I am having a non-alcoholic drink; especially
when with dinner. However, whenever I go to an ASK Italian restaurant, or
somewhere else that serves it, I LOVE flat lemonade. I’m not the worlds biggest
fan of crazy fizzy drinks like regular lemonade etc, so flat lemonade is the bees
knees.
Experimenting
The one from ASK Italian is perfectly sweet, perfectly
sour, and so refreshing. Having had their raspberry lemonade more times than I
can count, and from any other restaurants I can find it in, I thought it was
high time to experiment and make my own at home.
I did a bit of experimenting through other recipes,
and they were all yummy, but this is definitely the one that won over the most
people. It’s quite easy to make in my opinion, and is easily adaptable to your
own tastes. For example, my boyfriend and I prefer it stronger so stick with
the 1/3-2/3 mix, whereas my family prefer it a bit weaker so make it more
1/4-3/4 mix.
My pretty jug!
When I moved into my new house a few months ago I
wanted to treat myself to a few nice homely bits, and this included the
prettiest LSA Glass Jug (which they often use at ASK
Italian as well – my bad) and its just so pretty. They’re not the cheapest of
companies in a way, but the designs are always gorgeous and I couldn’t
resist this pretty jug. I promise you this post isn’t
sponsored in any way, just its all inspired by this one restaurant chain! But anyway…
Simple recipe
I went for a recipe where you basically bung the
ingredients in a pan, boil to dissolve the sugar and incorporate the
ingredients better, blitz it all up and sieve. The sieving part is optional,
but you get rid of all the raspberry seeds this way to its a lovely smooth
mixture. I prefer to then mix mine with still and chilled water, but as I said
I prefer it still… my brother on the other hand mixes it with sparkling
water. We tried adding lemonade, but it covers the wonderful taste you have
created so I’d personally recommend not to.
Homemade
delight
I think even from my photos you can just see that its
delicious. If you look at it you can see just how deliciously raspberry like.
It’s one of the most refreshing drinks you can make at home, and I adore it far
too much.
Yes, it still has sugar in it.. but thats not the end
of the world. I would still say the sugar is important in the recipe as its
part of what makes the concentrate so thick and syrup like, which is what makes
it so tasty! Enjoy! X
Homemade Raspberry Lemonade!
Homemade raspberry lemonade with fresh raspberries,
lemon slices and ice! Perfect refreshing summer drink!
#wprm-recipe-rating-8
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #343434;
}#wprm-recipe-rating-8 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-33 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-8-33); }#wprm-recipe-rating-8 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-50
svg * { fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-8-50); }#wprm-recipe-rating-8
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-66 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-8-66); }linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-8-33 stop {
stop-color: #343434; }linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-8-50 stop { stop-color:
#343434; }linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-8-66 stop { stop-color: #343434; }
Print Pin Rate
Category: Drinks
Type: Cold Drinks
Keyword: Lemonade
Prep Time: 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes minutes
Servings: 2 Litres of Lemonade
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Raspberry
Lemonade Concentrate
·
Zest of 4 lemons
·
Juice of 4
lemons
·
200 g
raspberries
·
125 g caster
sugar
·
350 ml water
To Serve
·
Lemon slices
·
Raspberries
·
Ice
·
Still
water/sparkling water
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
For the
Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate
·
Zest your
lemons, and then juice them into a pan.
·
Add in your
raspberries, sugar, and water.
·
Heat in the pan
for about 10 minutes. You want it to be just under boiling.
·
Once heated,
blitz with a hand blender, or in an actual blender.
·
Once blitzed,
pass the mixture through a sieve and discard the lumpy mush.
·
Let the mixture
cool completely.
To Serve the
Raspberry Lemonade
·
Pour the
concentrate into a jug/glass and add more water. You want the ratio to be 1/3
concentrate, to 2/3 extra water. Or if you prefer it a bit weaker, obviously
add more water in comparison to concentrate!
·
You can use
still water, or sparkling water, but you don’t need to use lemonade as the
flavour is already in the concentrate.
·
In each glass,
or in your jug, add some fresh raspberries, lemon slices, and ice, and serve!
Notes
·
This recipe is
made as a concentrate at first, because then you can adjust to your preferred
strength.
·
If you prefer
it sweeter, you can add more sugar into the original mixture.
·
You can also
make less if you prefer, but this makes about 500ml worth of concentrate!
·
I used fresh
raspberries, but I’m sure frozen raspberries would work well!
·
The mixture
needs to be stored in the fridge, and will last for 4-5 days if covered. Best
served on the day of making.
·
If the mixture
or drink sits for a bit, it might settle so will need a stir.
·
I served mine
in cute Kilner drinking jars, with the cute yellow straws!
Find my other recipes on my Recipes Page!
You can find me on:
Instagram
Facebook






