Creamy
Garlic Chicken!
A deliciously easy creamy garlic chicken with a white wine cream cheese
sauce, perfect for lunch and dinner.
This
beautiful and easy dish is perfect for lunch, dinner and basically every day of
the week… it’s super easy to put together, and it’s full of flavour. It’s
basically my new go-to!
Savoury
cooking
So… I know this may come as a shock to a lot of you, but savoury
cooking is my favourite thing on the planet and I adore yet. Yes, borderline
more than I love baking… but I blame the fact that I have tested and eaten so
many cakes over the years I am just craving the salt content now.
However, in truth, I have always adored savoury cooking, and now
is the time to really start bringing recipes to the game and giving you all a
tonne more inspiration. I’ve always posted my macaroni cheese and chicken,
bacon and leek pie – so this beauty is another one to add to the collection.
Easy dishes
I have always wanted my recipes to be as easy as possible, no
matter what style of recipe they are. Whether they are cakes, cookies, traybake
or a dinner dish for the every day style meal… I want them to be easy. This one
definitely comes under that umbrella as you can prepare it all in one pan and
it’s super easy.
This dish has a delicious
flavour, and I adore it. I have several people taste test this beauty and it
went down SO well that I have made it several times since. The chicken is easy
to cook, the sauce basically makes itself, and it’s adaptable to your flavour
choices with spices.
I ended up using a mix of garlic, cayenne pepper, dried thyme,
rosemary, salt and pepper for the spices which created a slightly spicy but
warming flavour – the wine brings a flavour as well as the parsley sprinkled on
at the end of the cooking.
Chicken
For the chicken, I just went for chicken breast. Arguably, you can
use whatever cut of chicken you prefer. I have made this with deboned chicken
thighs as well which was utterly incredible and it was delicious.
As this is a savoury dish, I still measured by weight, but you can be a little
fruity when it comes to what you need – this recipe happened to make 3 chicken
breasts as they were quite large in the packet, but you could also use smaller
breasts which will be quicker to cook, mini fillets, or even diced chicken –
it’s up to you.
You want to make sure when cooking chicken that you get a lovely
bit of colour on the chicken so that it looks more appealing, so don’t be
scared of the cooking. If you are worried the chicken is still not cooked
through, you can cook for longer – the timings will naturally vary somewhat.
The Sauce
The sauce sort of invented itself with this one as it wasn’t meant
to have cream cheese in the sauce, but I randomly added it in one day and it
just brought the sauce to a whole new level of delicious.
The sauce begins when you start seasoning the chicken and frying it off into
the pan. I add the wine to the pan, and the butter, and start to basically
baste the chicken somewhat as it Cookes. I remove the chicken once cooked and
do NOT clean the pan, and then add the cream cheese and mix it to combine.
Now, if you don’t want wine, you can use chicken stock instead –
yes, don’t worry – there is an alcohol free version. The sauce is thick and
beautiful either way – the oil of the cooking can sometimes make the sauce look
a little weird, but just beat it together and it’s perfect.
How to serve
When it came to serving this, I did want I had… so I did new potatoes. Now, you can use whatever you want – mashed potatoes, chopped potatoes, salad, rice, anything you fancy! The main focus of this dish is the deliciously flavoured chicken and the sauce.
If you want to make it more saucy, you can double the sauce ingredients – even
add a bit more spice if you want. You can also use a single/double cream to
make the sauce a little more saucy.
Tips & Tricks
·
This is best served fresh
·
You can serve this with
whatever side dishes you prefer
·
You can switch the cream cheese
for a single/double cream, or even a soya cream.
·
You can use chicken thighs, or
even mini fillets if you prefer, but the cooking time will reduce.
·
The wine can be swapped to
chicken stock
Creamy Garlic Chicken
A
deliciously easy creamy garlic chicken with a white wine cream cheese sauce,
perfect for lunch and dinner.
Print Pin Rate
Category:
Dinner
Type:
chicken
Keyword:
Chicken, Garlic
Prep
Time: 20 minutes minutes
Cook
Time: 20 minutes minutes
Total
Time: 40 minutes minutes
Servings:
3 people
Author:
Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
·
600 g chicken breasts (roughly)
·
2-4 tbsp olive oil
·
3 garlic cloves (finely
chopped)
·
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
·
1/2 tsp dried thyme
·
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
·
1/2 tsp black pepper
·
1/2 tsp salt
·
125 ml white wine (or chicken
stock)
·
50 g unsalted butter
·
2 tbsp cream cheese
·
parsley to serve
·
new potatoes to serve
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
·
Grab a large saucepan and heat
to a medium-high heat
·
Drizzle in the olive oil and
place the chicken in the pan
·
Fry for 2-3 minutes each side
to give it a nice colour
·
Add the finely chopped garlic
and fry
·
Add the cayenne pepper, thyme,
rosemary, pepper and salt
·
Fry for 3-5 mins each side to
cook the chicken through
·
Pour in the wine and add the
butter
·
Melt the butter and mix into
the sauce
·
Remove the chicken from the pan
and add the cream cheese
·
Stir the sauce together
·
Add the chicken to the serving
plate, pour over the sauce and serve how you fancy – I added freshly chopped
parsley and served with some herby new potatoes.
Notes
·
This is best served fresh
·
You can serve this with
whatever side dishes you prefer
·
You can switch the cream cheese
for a single/double cream, or even a soya cream.
·
You can use chicken thighs, or
even mini fillets if you prefer, but the cooking time will reduce.
·
The wine can be swapped to
chicken stock








