Lemon Posset Tart!
Lemon Posset Tart!
Deliciously Creamy Lemon Posset on top
of a Buttery Biscuit Base – Yummy No-Bake Dessert based on a Classic… the Lemon
Posset Tart!
I have always adored Lemon Posset as its
so simple yet simple scrumptious. Who knew that combining sugar, cream &
Lemon could lead to something SO good?!
When I worked at a cafe a few years ago,
they made afternoon teas every day… one of the preparations for this was to
make mini individual Lemon Posset’s with a raspberry on top.
It’s a very simple dessert to make in
reality. All you do is add the cream and sugar together, heat and boil in the
pan, and then add the lemon zest and juice! It really is only three ingredients
(technically four if you claim lemon zest/juice is two!)
I however always crave something
biscuity with my Lemon Posset’s so decided to ramp up the standard recipe a tad
and make it into a Lemon Posset Tart! And do you know what this means? It’s
Basically just a No-Bake Lemon Tart and who doesn’t love that idea!
I realise that this looks a lot like a
Cheesecake but its not, its simpler then that and SO MUCH EASIER! Technically
yes you need a hob to be able to do it, so you are ‘cooking’ something in a
way, but it’s still just a five ingredient tart without the decoration!
For the base, I simply used a standard
Cheesecake style base of 300g of biscuits to 150g of melted unsalted butter,
and topped it with all of the Lemon Posset mixture – easy!
I find that Possets in general are a
very easy dessert – the ratio of 200ml of cream to 1 lemons worth of zest is
what works best, and its deeeelicious! However, that isn’t enough for this
tart, so 600ml Double Cream is needed!
You can obviously just make this in to
individual Posset’s leaving out the biscuit base, or even serve them individually!
If I do that, I usually make 8-10 portions of of this mixture! Or if you go
mini, use shot glasses!
The setting part is a little weird, as the mixture (because of what you do to it) sorta ends up jelly like, but it’s thicker, and completely natural! The top of the tart naturally colours quite yellow as well, which helps with the Lemon theme!
For the decoration, I go simple. It’s
completely and utterly optional (as always!), but whipped swirls of cream, a
sprinkle of a crushed biscuit, and some freeze dried raspberries! Simple, yet
elegant.
I hope you love this as much as I do!
Enjoy! x
Lemon Posset Tart!
Deliciously Creamy Lemon Posset on top
of a Buttery Biscuit Base – Yummy No-Bake Dessert based on a Classic… the Lemon
Posset Tart!
#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #343434;
}#wprm-recipe-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-33 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-33); }#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-50 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-50); }#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-66 svg * { fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-66);
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-33 stop { stop-color: #343434;
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-50 stop { stop-color: #343434;
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-66 stop { stop-color: #343434; }
Print
Pin Rate
Category: Dessert
Type: Tarts
Keyword: Lemon
Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes minutes
Setting Time: 4 hours hours
Total Time: 4 hours hours 30 minutes
minutes
Servings: 12 Slices
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Biscuit Crust
·
300 g
Digestives
·
150 g
Unsalted Butter (melted)
Lemon Posset Filling
·
600 ml Double
Cream
·
200 g Caster
Sugar
·
Zest of 3
Lemons
·
75 ml Lemon
Juice (about 2 lemons)
Decoration
·
150 ml Double
Cream
·
2 tbsp Icing
Sugar
·
Freeze Dried Raspberries
·
Biscuit
Crumbs
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
·
Blitz the
Digestives in a food processor and add the melted Unsalted Butter, pulse
together until combined.
·
Spread onto
the bottom and sides of an 23cm Tart Tin. I usually start on the sides, and
then cover the bottom last!
·
Pour the
Double cream and Caster Sugar into a large pan and heat on the hob gently, stir
till the sugar has dissolved.
·
Turn the heat
up (medium heat max!) and heat the mixture till it starts to boil gently, stir
frequently to stop the mixture from catching on the bottom – let it boil for 1
minute and then turn off the heat.
·
Stir in the
Lemon Zest and Fuice and pour onto the biscuit base – refrigerate for 4+ hours,
or preferably overnight so it has time to set properly!
·
Once set,
decorate how you please – I mix 150ml Double Cream with 2 tbsps Icing
Sugar and pipe on, and then use some Freeze Dried Raspberries, and some Biscuit
Crumbs!
Notes
·
This is
obviously a giant Posset so it takes longer to set then Posset’s in individual
glasses so be patient with the setting!
·
If you want
to try a different Citrus flavour then go ahead! Just make sure you stick to
the same amount of Zest and Juice so that it will still set!
·
This will
last in the fridge, covered, for 3 days!
·
You can buy
freeze dried raspberries from places such as Waitrose, Lakeland, Sainsburys,
or a much bigger amount online!
·
I recommend
using this 23cm tart tin for the recipe!
·
Also… TOP TIP
– I find it’s MUCH easier to pour the lemon mixture into the tin whilst in the
fridge, so I don’t have to move the tin after it’s full. But I get this isn’t
possible for everyone!
ENJOY!
Find my other Dessert Recipes on
my Recipes Page!
You can find
me on:
Facebook
Youtube












