Creme Egg’ Cheesecake Dip!
A delicious ‘Creme Egg’ cheesecake dip with a
vanilla cheesecake egg white, an orange curd yolk, in an Easter egg! Perfect
sharing dessert.
So
I couldn’t resist creating a delicious easter themed recipe that is based
around the all-mighty Creme Egg… this is essential a giant creme egg looking
dip that is perfect for the Easter Baking Season! Dip away with whatever you
fancy for a delicious treat.
Easter bakes
So it’s been a bit of a year already for Easter baking… I have
loved every second of it. My last recipe, my hot cross loaf, was absolutely
insane and has popped off completely (little bits of this would be perfect for
dipping), and I wanted to do something else a little bit different.
My actual Creme Egg bakes are always super popular, and this one
is basically just meant to look like it. It is actually a cheesecake dip, but
it does look like a giant Creme Egg. My Creme Egg Brownies, or even more Creme
Egg stuffed cookies are brilliant bakes that are so good for the baking season.
Dip recipes
On my blog I have done a couple of ‘dip’ based recipes, and I
adore them. My cookie dough dip is absolutely spectacular, along with my chocolate
dippy eggs and my s’mores dip. They all have such a variety to them, and I love
it.
I think something such as a sweet dip isn’t made enough, and I
want to bring them to the world of baking more and more. Cheesecake eggs are
obviously a thing already, but I wanted to make this beauty into a sharing
platter style dip recipe like my others; and just look at it!!
Creme Eggs
Creme eggs are arguably one of the most famous chocolates on the
planet. They have a cult following, and I can see why… I will admit that I
prefer mini eggs, but the idea of a Creme Egg dip absolutely sold them for me
on this.
If you haven’t managed to eat one, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! They are
a chocolate egg, filled with a fondant that is coloured like egg whites and a
yolk. I was tempted to make a giant fondant dip, but I wasn’t sure if I would
actually want to eat it myself? So I went for the look of a Creme Egg instead.
Chocolate Egg
One of the key parts to this recipe, is the egg. You can easily
just make this dip into a bowl if you preferred, you don’t need the egg… but I
thought it gave it the Creme Egg look, and made it more fun. I used a large
chocolate egg for mine, split in half.
TOP TIPS – I heat a sharp knife under boiling water, and carefully
cut into the join of the Easter eggs. I do find some brands are better at
breaking in half, some are already split in half, some will shatter. So, it is
a bit of a gamble. I find Nestle and Mars eggs easier to break in half compared
to cadburys.
Dip Filling
For the cheesecake mixture, I went for a basically vanilla
cheesecake. Full-fat soft cheese, double cream, icing sugar and vanilla extract,
whisked together to relatively soft peaks. Having the cheesecake super firm for
this recipe isn’t essential, as you are still going to be dipping bits into it.
I tend to add the ingredients to a bowl, and whisk until combined and the
spread into the chocolate shell.
For the yolk I went for an orange curd. Now, I know orange curd
isn’t always easy to find so you can also use marmalade, lemon curd coloured
orange with a little food colouring, or even colour some cheesecake mixture
orange instead… there are many options.
How to DIP
When you get to the delicious dipping part of this… you can do
whatever you want! I used bits and bobs such as pretzels, pink wafers, cookies,
strawberries and apples. A crunchy, soft, fruity, biscuit vibe of a little bit
of everything.
Of course, you can use anything that you fancy and prefer – there
are no rules when it comes to the dipping. Make sure you enjoy it!
‘Creme
Egg’ Cheesecake Dip!
A delicious ‘Creme Egg’ dip
with a vanilla cheesecake egg white, an orange curd yolk, in an Easter egg!
Perfect sharing dessert.
Print Pin Rate
Category: easter
Type: Easter
Keyword: Creme Egg, Easter
Prep Time: 30 minutes minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes minutes
Servings: 4 people
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Dip
·
1 Large Easter egg
·
200 g full-fat soft cheese
·
200 ml double cream
·
2 tbsp icing sugar
·
1 tsp vanilla extract
·
200 g orange curd
Dipping
ideas
·
Pink
wafers
·
Strawberries
·
Apples
·
Cookies
·
Pretzels
·
Marshmallows
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
·
Carefully
split the large Easter egg in half. I find it best to heat a sharp knife under
boiling water, and then score along the join line of the egg.
·
In
a new bowl, add the soft cheese, double cream, icing sugar and vanilla and
whisk together until combined.
·
Split
the cheesecake mixture between the two half of the egg, making sure there is a
gap in the middle for the orange curd.
·
Spread
the orange curd into the middle
·
Leave
to set for 15 minutes, and enjoy with all your dipping goodies!
Notes
·
I
heat a sharp knife under boiling water, and carefully cut into the join of the
Easter eggs.
·
I
find Nestle and Mars eggs easier to break in half compared to cadburys.
·
This
lasts 3 days once made











