Baileys
Truffles!
Easy and
delicious Baileys truffles with milk & dark chocolate and a drizzle!
Baileys truffles
Baileys truffles? Yes okay then.
Honestly? They are incredible. I realise this is the first paragraph in this
post, but I have to say from the start that these Baileys truffles are theeeee
one for me. Oh HELLO.
They are so indulgent and rich, yet
perfectly sized and tasty, so irresistible. This recipe is so easy to do, and
you will want to make them over and over, especially if your friends &
family start having them – you will all be hooked!
Ganache truffles
For these ones, it’s similar to a basic
ganache. Obviously, they’re not as it has Baileys added in, but roll with me
here! The texture of these is smooth, and rich and heavenly.
With a
regular ganache, you would use a 1:1 ratio of dark chocolate to
cream (double cream), and leave it at that. If I was to make just milk
chocolate ganache truffles, it’s typically a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to cream,
and milk chocolate is 3:1.
However, I
didn’t want these to be too rich, as Baileys itself is quite rich, I used a
half and half ratio of milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Baileys
is thinner and obviously has the alcohol element, so the ganache is
automatically different so that it will set!
Chocolate
I found the
ratio of 300g of dark chocolate, 300g of milk chocolate,
300ml double cream, and 200ml of Baileys was ideal. It gives enough richness to
the truffles to create a wonderful flavour, and then enough Baileys to have a
whack of flavour, without ruining the truffles!
Method
To make the
mixture is quite simple to be honest – chop the chocolate up nice and finely
and put it into a bowl – the finer, the less you have to mix the
mixture (as over mixing a ganache can make it split).
Heat the cream and baileys in a pan till
just before boiling – it will be steaming, and hot to touch, but not
bubbling. Pour the hot cream and Baileys over the chocolate, and leave the
mixture to set for 5 minutes.
Give the mixture a stir. Once the
mixture is melted and lovely, pour the mix into a bowl or pot and put it in the
fridge to set completely.If the chocolate hasn’t quite melted however, stick it
in the microwave for 10-15 seconds at a time and stir each time!
Portion your truffles
I use a scoop to make my truffles – I
tend to dip it into a cup of boiled water, and dry it quickly, then scoop the
ganache. It just means the chocolates are more round from the beginning –
alternatively you can use two spoons, for example, you just have to roll them
in your hands to make them round!
Once they’re rolled – I recommend
freezing the truffles so that they are very solid – it will make covering them
much, much easier as the melted chocolate for the coating will start to melt
the truffles!
Finishing touches
I personally
use milk chocolate to coat the truffles, as it’s nice and in the middle! I use these dipping tools to
coat the truffles! Then, a drizzle of white chocolate, and you’re done!
I hope you love these much as I do! x
Recipe updated June 2019 – notes below for the original recipe!
Baileys Truffles!
Easy and delicious Baileys truffles with
milk & dark chocolate and a drizzle!
#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #343434; }#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-33 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-33); }#wprm-recipe-rating-7
.wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-50 svg * { fill:
url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-50); }#wprm-recipe-rating-7 .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-66
svg * { fill: url(#wprm-recipe-rating-7-66);
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-33 stop { stop-color: #343434;
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-50 stop { stop-color: #343434;
}linearGradient#wprm-recipe-rating-7-66 stop { stop-color: #343434; }
Print
Pin Rate
Category: Sweets
Type: Truffles
Keyword: Baileys
Prep Time: 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes minutes
Decorating Time: 30 minutes minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes minutes
Servings: 60 Truffles
Author: Jane’s Patisserie
Ingredients
Truffle Mix
·
300 g dark
chocolate (at least 70% cocoa content)
·
300 g milk
chocolate
·
300 ml double
cream
·
200 ml
Baileys
Decoration
·
300 g milk
chocolate
·
50 g white
chocolate
Grams – Ounces
Instructions
·
Chop you
chocolates up finely, and add to a large bowl.
·
Pour your
double cream and Baileys into a pan, and heat on the hob until it’s just before
boiling point – it needs to be steaming, and hot to touch, but not bubbling.
·
Pour the
cream/Baileys over the finely chopped chocolate, and leave to sit for a few
minutes.
·
Whisk the
mixture together until smooth. If it hasn’t quite melted all together,
microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds at a time and stir each time!
·
Pour the
mixture into a bowl or shallow pot.
·
Leave the
mixture in the fridge to set until solid.
·
Once set,
scoop out your mixture, and make the truffles into ball shapes on a lined tray.
·
Once the
mixture is all scooped, put your truffles into the freezer for half an hour or
till they are completely solid!
·
Melt your
milk chocolate for coating, and dunk the truffles in one at a time and coat –
leave them to set carefully on a lined tray.
·
Once they’re
coated, melt your white chocolate and drizzle over the truffles! Leave to set
in the fridge until solid.
·
Enjoy!
Notes
·
You can cover
the truffles in whatever chocolate you want – I just love the milk chocolate!
·
For the mix
you can use 500g of dark chocolate if you want all dark, or 800g of milk
chocolate if you want them to be all milk!
·
I used the
basic original Baileys.
·
These will
last in the fridge for one week, or outside the fridge in cooler temperatures.
·
This recipe
was updated in June 2019. The original recipe was:
o 250g dark chocolate, 250g milk
chocolate, 150g butter, 300ml cream, 200ml Baileys.
o I then coated the original truffles in a
green white chocolate drizzle.
ENJOY!
Find my other Recipes on my Recipes
Page!
You can find
me on:
Instagram
Facebook







